Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Blog Fast

"He has won you for himself . . . and you must proclaim what he has done for you: he has called you out of darkness into his own wonderful light." (1 Peter 2:9)

I'm taking a Lenten break from blogging in order to focus my energy on working on a Catholic writing project. My husband & I joined a Catholic artist guild recently. Jon shocked me by putting on his smock and setting up a new studio on our patio this week. Between a new, hard job & three kids, my husband hasn't held a paintbrush in his hand for three years. All those rosary intention prayers for Catholic artists must be working!

I'm so hopeful about joining him in the art life again.

Please pray for us. It takes courage to create new art from scratch. It's also a test of fortitude to find regular time to "do art" as the parents of young children.

Yet the Lord is the one who gave us our talents and creativity. If I can write one awkward sentence praising Him for calling me out of the darkness, I'll be happy.