Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Public Service Announcement

Today, the 71st person asked me quizzically, "Are you going to keep homeschooling after the baby comes?"

My answer, "Yes."

Homeschooling is the easiest and most pleasant part of my day. My kids and I will continue to chat about cheetahs, Slavery in the American South, and how to best divide a plate of brownies into fractions even after a newborn enters into our lives.

A more relevant question would be "Will your kids continue to have clean underwear after the birth of their baby Sister?"

My truthful answer, "Probably Not."

3 comments:

  1. I have gotten that question over the years... though now that we have been homeschooling 8 years people have given us up for crazy! ;)
    Love your bike story below... it is true that God provides but it is rarely in the form of cash money or a check. Are you familiar with George Mueller? He opened many orphanages in England in the 1800s. He said it was "worth it to be poor" because that was the only way we could see how creatively God could meet our needs. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm sure you're kids will also learn "child development" now too! I think it's beautiful and can't stand homeschool slander. If they only knew what crappy educations most kids are getting in the public schools, they wouldn't say a word!

    ReplyDelete