Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good News

After 8 days of anxious waiting after her surgery, Tess finally showed some solid signs of improvement today. Her stomach "output" is half the volume of the day before. The color is also much closer to "normal" stomach juices. This is a big step forward towards "feeding readiness."

Also, her ulcer looks like its healed.

We are now waiting for the first real "poop" of her life. The nurse told me today "I think I smelled gas today. That's a good sign." Can't believe that I'm so excited to hear that my pretty, blue-eyed girl can toot. But that is life in the NICU!

9 comments:

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Yay for poop! Good digestion is one things we mom's def. take for granted. We're always a little disappointed when they poop because we have to (ick) change it, until...they get backed up and the troubles get much, MUCH, worse. Because of Tess, I will be happy to change poopies, but only for this week!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Gas! That's awesome! :)

Susan said...

This is good news. We'll keep praying.

Susan and Maggie

Mom2Seven said...

Wonderful... we continue to pray! +JMJ+

Abigail said...

I love it Danya! I should ask everyone to "change one smelly diaper with JOY" this week as a sacrifice for my gal Tess.

Melanie B said...

Hooray for Tess and gas! Here's to poop very soon!

I will gladly change the next five smelly diapers with joy for your little Tess. How quickly we take for granted the health of our little ones.

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Should we start a poopy prayer boquet for her? It might be a little tough recruiting though...he he he.

Anne Marie said...

Beware the Poop Fates, just ask Jen!!! I wanted to include a link, but her blog conversion killed it, grrrr. Oh well, poop happens.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

I am SO offering joyful poop changing for you and Tess this week! My guy seems to be going about five times a day, so that is a lot of... uh, prayer to offer up!