Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prayers Needed!

Life is a bit crazy right now.

Baby Tess clearly failed to read her discharge plan. (God also must have a larger plan in mind for the Benjamin family this week).

At 3 AM this morning, my husband woke up in our local hospital to realize that our baby's IV line was broken. A piece of plastic about 18 inches long is now lodged inside my baby's heart.

That news freaked out the doctors in the regular hospital, but now that we are at Children's Hospital--this problem seems to be a bit more 'fixable.'

So I'm back in the NICU at Children's Hospital. I've got a super hungry baby girl whose heart rhythms seem to be fine for the moment. They will schedule some kind of surgery today or tomorrow to remove the IV piece from her heart.

Please pray for Baby Tess and her family.

St. Teresa of Avila, pray for us.

22 comments:

P3 said...

Hold on... What happened!?!? Our prayers are with you.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Oh Abby. I've been waiting to hear GOOD news! I'll pray harder.

Julia said...

Sorry to hear it. I will be praying.

Sara said...

Oh, I was sooo happy to hear she was on the mend! Praying for that to be fixed with no complications!!!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for your family! Asking the intercession of St. Pio of Petrelcina; it's his feast day today.

--Catherine

Maria said...

Oh no!! We are all praying at the Bremberg house!

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom2Seven said...

Prayers, prayers, prayers! May God bless you all! +JMJ+

Melanie B said...

Oh no! Praying!

Heidi said...

Prayers being said!

tara said...

Praying now for Tess!

Christina said...

We are all still praying here for you.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Dear Lord! I will be praying!!!

Randall Scott OCDS said...

The OCDS community of St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross is praying for Tess and your family

Claire said...

I was so happy to read that Tess is improving. Then I saw the posts about emergency heart surgery. Rest assured, more prayers will be added to the prayers already on their way to Heaven.

Hang in there.....

Susan said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I actually stopped by Holy Cross this afternoon to check on you and offer you a ride home but they told me little Tess has been discharged. I was so excited but obviously I see now that it was not good news. We'll keep praying.

Susan

Respectful Reader said...

Surely the Lord has GREAT things in store for this little Teresa who has gone through so many trials in her young life. I pray that you all emerge strengthened by these hardships, but for the here and now: trust, peace and complete healing. Your faith, Abigail, is an inspiration to your readers. May our prayers be a comfort to you.

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Oh my goodness...that is just awful! Prayers.....

Kristyn said...

Prayers for you all.

ginny said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I have been reading it ever since the baby went to the hospital. I am praying for her omplete healing and that soon and very soon, she will be home with her family. Blessings to all...

Carla said...

Offering up the pain and annoyance from my ear infection for a good outcome for Tess and strength for your whole family!

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to say this, but what else I could say.

"Pray, Hope and Don't worry-- Padre Pio"