Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quick Update

Tessie's heart "procedure" is scheduled for sometime between 11 AM and 1 PM tomorrow. Jon met the heart surgeon. Our medical care is totally amazing. It's hard to believe that there is an expert on staff who does this specialized heart surgery for newborns everyday. Because my baby is full term and 8 pounds, he told my husband "no problem." The doctors are used to doing this same technique for premies who weigh less than two pounds.

Tomorrow they will be using this special thing called a "lasso" to remove the plastic tube in my baby bunny's heart.

As for my calmness, it's all Jesus baby! I had a scary hour long Metro ride from my house to Children's Hospital. The doctors at our local hospital had never seen this before and they were very scared. I really worried that the obstruction would stop my baby's heart from beating immediately.

All the way down on the Metro, I clung onto my cellphone (which was my connection to my husband) and my rosary (which was my connection to my Blessed Mother.) I took out my favorite picture of Jesus from my Carmelite friend's Ordination last year. With that help, I got to the hospital in one piece, a full 5 hours after I first heard of the bad news.

Since then, it's been nothing but encouraging news.

Send me your prayer intentions please!!!!! Jon, me and Baby Tess will all be hanging on the cross for a few hours on Friday. Glad to know that we'll be in a great position to barter for favors from God for all you!

14 comments:

Allie said...

I'll pray a Rosary for Tess, all of you, and the doctors tomorrow.

And if you have room for an intention tomorrow, please pray for my extended family - we lost an uncle Tuesday night to lung cancer.

karyn said...

The Sweet family is praying for all of you. May God's love and strength surround you.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I'm sending an intention to your email...

Kristyn said...

Like Kaitlin, I will email my intention to you soon...

Anonymous said...

I'm having some health (and health insurance) difficulties--so minor compared to what you're going through, but I would be grateful if you remembered me in your intentions.

Many, many prayers for your family and especially for Baby Tess--I will offer my rosary for her tomorrow.

--Catherine

Alishia said...

Still praying. What a story for your Tess. What a testimony I should say.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you all tomorrow - my Friday Rosary is for you and Jon.

Dawn H.

Sarah said...

Abigail - I've read here for a while but I don't think I've ever commented. Your asking for intentions with Tess in the place she is right now seems like too much of a "coincidence" to pass up, though. A good friend of mine (and another Catholic) had a baby over the weekend who has a congenital heart defect. Tonight, they found out that it's even worse than they'd thought and he's in emergency surgery, which is his only hope for survival. His mom his blogged the story at team-ewan.blogspot.com, if you want to know more. Thank you for opening the doors of your heart and your prayers like this!

Anne Marie said...

Thank you Abigail for praying for us as we pray for you. Could you include the Holy Father's protection & safety in your prayers today?

In Christ, Anne

Anonymous said...

You all are in my prayers.

Ray

Carla said...

Please pray for my brother's marriage and my sister's healing from a past abortion... I am praying to St. Gemma Galgani, a lover of the Cross, for all of you today!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I'll be praying for you! Also, please pray for Bonnie's son James -- as you saw from her blog, he really needs prayers right now!

God bless you guys!

The Petrolias said...

I've been quietly reading your blog for a while now. You are an inspiration. Our family is praying for baby Tess. If you have any more room for prayer intentions, please pray for the purity of youth. In todays culture, they sure need tons of strength to stay pure!!

Amy said...

I'm praying for you all and for the doctors.