Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feast of St. Teresa of Avila



Tomorrow is the Feast of St. Teresa of Avila.

I'm too tired to come up with a brilliant post about this special saint.

I love her!

She means the world to me.

I named my newborn daughter after her.

She is the flawed, flighty, overly-social butterfly who got herself into heaven through the pure miracle of God's grace.

She is the saint who gives me the greatest hope that I can get myself to heaven too.

St. Teresa of Avila, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Feast Day!! My dear adopted daughter is Teresa as well. She'll be 4 Tuesday. She came into our life 18 years after our other 2 children. She's a survivor and a fighter too. She's such a symbol of God's grace to me. Teresa of Avila seemed the perfect patron saint for her. We added Teresa as her first name when we finalized the adoption last year.

    ReplyDelete