Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Have A Holy Daring This Lent


Live Strong! Pray hard! Detach! Lent is our training time to hop up a few more steps towards sainthood.

A little inspiration from my bff, St. Teresa of Avila:

"God deliver us, Sisters, when we do something imperfect from saying; "We're not angels, we're not saints." Consider that even though we're not, it is a great good to think that if we try we can become saints with God's help. And have no fear that He will fail if we don't fail. . . The presumption I would like to see present in this house, for it always make humility grow, is to have a holy daring; for God helps the strong and He shows no partiality."

The Way of Perfection, Chapt. 17, pg 98.

I'm fasting from this blog for the next six weeks. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone after Easter Vigil!

6 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! Abigail!!! We will miss you!!!

Wondering- since you said fasting from "THIS" blog if you'll still be popping up in other blogs! :)

Little JoAnn said...

I am amazed at this sacrifice. Wait, St. Teresa of Avila is your BFF? I thought she was mine?

Girl, we have to meet.

Catherine said...

I'll miss you too! Praying for you to have a very blessed Lent, and I'll be looking forward to reading about it upon your return! God bless.

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little JoAnn said...

Still missing you! Hope Lent is coming along just as you planned.

Catherine said...

Looking forward to your return! I hope you've had a blessed Lent. I have missed reading your blog! Praying for you and your family to have a wonderful Easter.