Friday, April 22, 2011

So How Was Your Lent?

...It's almost here... Easter Vigil Mass!!!

I'm so excited. It's been a totally awesome Lent. I learned so much. I'm so refreshed. I'm so ready for battle.

(Which is good because tomorrow I have to figure out how to bake a pineapple glazed ham and a complicated Easter Cake.* Nothing like kitchen duty to test our recent Lenten resolves, eh? I know our parish blesses the Easter Food on Saturday. I think they should have a special "Martha Blessing" to bless the novice cooks as well!)

This Saturday will mark nine years for me being a Catholic. A special shout-out to Dame Betty Beguiles who is celebrating conversion year 10. Any other converts out there?


(Miss Tharen, still plenty of room left at my Easter Table! If Mass and a sloppy bunny cake don't lure you to my place, a cute, crawling Baby Tess should! :-)

7 comments:

woolnest said...

Lent was... hard. I had a minor health scare (we aren't quite out of the woods there, but things are looking better), and I feel like I missed it.

But tomorrow will be the seventh anniversary of my baptism/ confirmation, and the second anniversary of my husband's reception into the Church, so that is something to celebrate!

If only our kitchen sink weren't stopped up. Getting ready for Easter dinner is going to be interesting.

Jen Ambrose said...

Not a convert, but I just want to say how happy I am Lent is over so you'll be blogging again!

Tienne said...

Welcome back! I missed your wonderful and inspiring posts. Happy Easter!!

Allie said...

So glad you're back blogging! This is my first anniversary of being Catholic, and despite some personal stresses, it's actually been a beautiful experience. On one hand, I feel like I've grown so much spiritually between last year and now. On the other, I know I have a long ways to go. ^_~

Dawn said...

This Easter is my 4th anniversary of "coming home" to the Catholic Church. I'm so grateful for the grace that brought me home!

Catherine said...

Welcome back! This Easter is 9 years for my husband & I coming into the church as well. Time flies, especially when you're doing spiritual battle! I always ask for Mary's intercession on the baking thing...I know she understands!
Easter Blessings to you and yours -

KMS said...

I too had a complicated cake. My mother sent me the lamb cake mold and recipe that her mother had always used at Easter. It's two large heavy shaped pans that lock together and cook closed - so I had to trust that the cooking and cooling times as written were correct because there was no "five minutes more" checking with a toothpick for doneness. It came out of the pans okay, except one ear which I glued back on with frosting, and we'll find out in about an hour if it is cooked all the way through. Happy Easter!