Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why I'm Trying to Fake It Until I Make It Today

Have you noticed that following Holy Scripture is really hard?

There are so many critics out there, people who think the Bible was created by a bunch of dumb males who randomly pieced together what they "thought" was important. Whenever I hear that kind of dismissal, I think in my heart "have you read it? Because it sets a pretty impossible standard. There's nothing easy or natural about it . ."

This morning I'm up at 5:30 AM, worried about the offer we're going to put on a new house today.

But my buddy St. Paul tells me to "take a chill pill and go back to bed!"

"I tell you, (Cousin Abigail)*, the time is running out.From now on, let those (who are) buying (act) as not owning, those using the world as not using it fully." 1 Corinthians, 7:29-30.


*Did you know that St. Paul was a Benjamin? I like to pretend that he's my concerned "Uncle by Marriage" who is sending me individual advice whenever I read his glorious letters in the New Testament.