Monday, November 28, 2011

I Feel Like I Have Never Ever Done This Before...

Pregnancy.

I feel like I have never, ever done this before.

Which is crazy, right?

My youngest is 15 months old. My house is filled with four biological children, who clearly didn't drop in from outer space or hatch from eggs.

Yet this fifth pregnancy, in the 22nd week, still feels so alien to me, so strange.

I still don't have "my pregnant Mama groove" on yet.

It's like I've never been pregnant and tired and had to go to the grocery store before, or had to teach school while I feel distracted, or changed a diaper while my pregnant stomach was feeling extra nauseous, or searched for a maternity dress that was both modest and pretty....

Instead of feeling like I'm on well-traveled ground, I'm constantly shocked that this process of "co-creating a new soul with God" isn't easy.

Mommy Mary, pray for me! This Advent, give me your generous heart!