Saturday, January 14, 2012

Your Husband Might Be a Carmelite If....

his compassionate response to your puking sessions from a stomach bug while being 29 weeks pregnant with his child include saying deep St. John of the Cross quotes on the joy of suffering for Jesus.

I'd like to say its a mark of my own increased Carmelite formation that I didn't slug him in return for giving me all of this uplifting spiritual advice while I hugged the toilet bowl. I just kept muttering "I know I'm supposed to feel this way, but I don't!"

8 comments:

  1. I sure hope you feel better soon! It's so awful to have stomach issues when pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woulda slugged my husband. But I guess that's why I'm not a Carmelite. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez, I would not have handled that well at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have slugged him anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love this. I just stumbled across your blog, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I feel like I am trying to do the same thing as you when you say "Join me as I figure out how to fold my old post-modern thinking into the shiny Truth of my new Catholic faith."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've kicked him out and slammed the door! (I have room to grow too, obviously!)
    Hope you feel better soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, this reminds me of my husband telling me that labor is my "Jesus on the cross" experience. That didn't go over well with me. I told him I'd give him a Jesus on the cross experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny when your spouse drags you kicking and screaming into heaven, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete