Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prayer Request

I'm running a Rosary Camp at my parish church this summer with a friend. Can you spare a prayer for me?

My experiences teaching the rosary haven't gone well in the past. As a Sunday School teacher, I found out one of my students had never heard of the rosary. As I started to teach her the rosary after class, two people came by and said such mean things that I ended up crying later on the drive to Carmel. Then the student's siblings came by and aggressively yanked her out of my classroom. Within a few weeks, my beloved student and her entire family totally disappeared from my parish. It was like one of those Sci-Fi movies where a character gets yanked into outer space, never to be heard from again.

Satan hates the Rosary. I'm not really tough skinned yet to handle all of his tricks. So please pray for me to have extra grace.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I taught Confirmation for a lot of years, and I had similar things happen to me twice. The best thing you can do is pray for them I've found, and know that you're just the messenger, hopefully they'll get it at a later time in their life. I hope your Rosary teaching goes wonderfully!

WheelbarrowRider said...

I never even got to the rosary b/c my religious ed kids didn't even know the hail mary :( my 3 yr old knows all the main prayers and loves the rosary. I just ordered a dvd by Brother Francis, a cartoon about the rosary. It looks so good. I will def pray for you. I think it is awesome you are giving these children such a powerful tool they will be go to when things get difficult. Hang in there!

Michelle said...

Such an important lesson! You definitely need people to pray for you in advance! I'd be most happy to help you out by praying for you! God bless!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Wow! Yanking children out of CCD because they are learning the Rosary???!!! I am saddened by this news, but I cannot say that I am shocked. We have to continue to be prayer warriors for all the lost and misguided souls.

Hyssop H said...

Heavenly Father, in Jesus Name, please continue to always bless and keep each one of us in your tender Love especially our Holy Father and Priests and Religious, including this world and all sinners and souls and our love ones and family, bloodline, countries, parishes, and communities. Always Forgive us, heal us, grant us your mercy, Love, healing, joy, protection, peace, restorations and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ our Lord. In Union with all his pain, agony, passion, wounds, crown, face, merits and works of his heart. Bring us home safely to heaven. Let us be victorious in your works always and destroy all attacks in our paths. WE consecrate everything and all souls and sinners to your Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary now and always and trust in you . in Jesus Name. Amen