Saturday, July 14, 2012

Missed Retreat

I felt so strangely peaceful and happy today. I mean it was other worldly. The colicky baby spent the entire day sleeping. Life was so calm, I went out and weeded the rose garden that I inherited with our new house. I assembled a giant rosary for VBS out of pool cues. Jon and I found time to do our full morning prayer session. Then he ironed out a passage in Mark for me that was hopelessly wrinkled in my head.

Only at 8:00 at night did I remember, "Oh, it's Carmel retreat weekend." All of my dear friends are at Mount Saint Mary's praying--probably specifically for me!

Thanks guys! I surfed the fumes of your deep prayer session and fell deeper in love with God today. (It was nice to know that even though I didn't make it to the retreat, His rest found me. God is good!)

Monday is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. If you haven't gathered yet....

I LOVE OUR MOM!

Mary is the greatest! Her brown Carmelite mantle is the outfit I most love to see her wear. Leave me your prayer requests for Monday, please.