Wednesday, September 4, 2013

There are worse things at sea!

I had a private heartbreak this weekend. I called my friend Rebecca to wail about it. She was very compassionate. Then after our conversation got a little more lighthearted she told my her Dad's expression every time she skinned her knee was "There are worse things at sea!"

Which I first understood her to say "There are worse things at tea!" Which instantly gave me some cool mental images of hidden cruelty flung casually around linen and fine china saucers.

But no, her Dad was in the Navy. So he'd say there are worse things at sea.

That made me corrected line made me laugh. Laughing feels good over a sore heart. I really love the internet and the good friends I've met over the phone after falling in love with their blogs.

(Note: My pregnancy is fine)