Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I adore this Saint! My faith really took off after I visited Ireland as a new convert to the Catholic church. Here is a piece of his famous prayer, the Breastplate of St. Patrick:

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through a belief in the Threeness,
Through a confession of the Oneness
Of the Creator of creation


--St. Patrick, 377 AD

We have about 6 inches of snow in Washington DC this morning. Crazy! I'm celebrating the last of the snow season by teaching two of my daughters how to knit. We found this brilliant yarn store at a nearby college town. I first learned how to knit from my Grandma Jean. Yet I really came into my own with knitting during cold New England nights in college. It's so fun to pass on this tradition to my girls. Meanwhile, my new change is figuring out how to knit socks with three double point needles. Jon is so ridiculously excited for me. He's such a Farmer Boy who is all about sustainability and "do it yourself" projects.