Wednesday, October 8, 2014

In the Hospital Again--Update

I'm back in the hospital again. (Stuck in the hospital again?) I had a second bleed early this morning. For a while it looked like I was having a c-section at 11 AM this Wednesday morning instead of next Wednesday. The On Call Anesthesiologist  even showed up to do a full consult. After a sonogram and hours of monitoring, they are changing their tune.

Every OB seems very excited to hit the magic 37 week mark next week. (Right now, I'm 36 weeks and 1 day).  I'm a little disappointed. At this point, I'd like my son to be outside where I can keep my eyes on him. Who wants to spend another 6 days stressing out about more potential problems?

I either get out in 24 hours or need to stay admitted in the hospital for the full 7 days. Right this minute, both the baby and I are totally safe. Things even look pretty rosy for a calm c-section. I just have miles to go in uncertainty and mild discomfort before I meet my son.

St. Teresa of Avila, pray for us!

(Totally accidentally my regular OB scheduled my c-section three weeks ago for a major Carmelite Feast Day, St. Teresa of Avila, on October 15.)


Update: I'm home! I only needed a 24 hour observational stay in the hospital. I'm still on track for a relatively calm pre-planned c-section at 37 weeks on October 15.