Monday, November 15, 2010

What Not to Send

(my apologies to What Not to Wear)

Just for fun here is a list of the worst gifts Jon and I have ever sent to our families:

1) Homemade Candles (which were packed incorrectly and became dangerous glass shards to all who opened them)

2) Homemade Flannel Pajama Bottoms (This was my first attempt to sew as an adult. I didn't know how to finish the bottoms properly and they all developed giant holes in the crotch after the first wash. Only my dear husband treasured the fraying robe that I made him for the next 7 year!)

3) Plastic Safari Animals in Paper Maiche Boxes (In college, I once got $5 gifts for my siblings to put under the tree with an attached promissory note to buy cooler gifts during my upcoming trip to South Africa two days later. My sibs have never let me live that one down).

4) A Homemade Christmas CD (with music illegally downloaded from the Internet)

And the Worse Gift EVER!

5) A Water buffalo
(from Heifer International. I remembered this project as a child and convinced my new husband to send all our gifts from this site. The reaction from every single gift recipient was horrible! My Sisters-in-Laws still call it "the Christmas we got gifts that were actually sent to someone else.")