Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Sad Thing about Moving

We're moving farther away from my little son's grave.
 
Posted by Picasa

Five years, and I still don't have a stone for him. Maybe we can afford one someday soon. At least my poverty is giving me a chance to really think about the best Scripture passage to assign him!

 
Posted by Picasa

I can't tell you how healing having this place is for my soul. And how important it is for my children to have a specific place to pray for their brother. They don't remember me being pregnant anymore, but they remember coming here.

 
Posted by Picasa

It's actually pretty fun to visit brother Francisco's "special play group." (My son is buried in a special children's section of the cemetery reserved for infants who died under one year. At first, I thought I was the only one who buried a miscarriage, but I found another family who buried 2 miscarried siblings.) I love that they have such calm memories of praying in a cemetery. I wish I was so comfortable with act of "praying for the dead" when I was a kid.