Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Miss Abigail Is Not Herself....

Just want to apologize in advance for all the weird, off-base posts that are potentially coming in the next few days.

Miss Abigail is not herself!

This new pregnancy has really thrown me for a loop. Moves and Babies go together for the Benjamin family. Three of our four kids were conceived immediately proceeding a major out-of-state move. (Does this happen to anyone else?)

In June, I was sobbing because I WASN'T pregnant. We took almost 4 years to conceive Baby Tess. I was convinced I was stuck in "unexplained secondary infertility" again and that feeling stunk!

But then came early August. A positive pregnancy test! And I'm excited, but I'm also not excited. I don't have my feet underneath me at all post-move. (Although, I know realize that part of the reason I'm feeling so physically crummy is because I'm newly pregnant).

It's just this complete loss of control thing.

Everything I thought I would be doing this Summer and Fall to help us adjust to our new community, I now can't do.

So here I am.

No friends. (well, no local friends)

No structure.

No steady prayer routine.

No husband for 14 to 15 hours a day.

But I got a new baby on the way!

So I'll just remain "un-artfully" winging it with Jesus until a better pattern emerges.

6 comments:

  1. Prayers coming for you and the new little one! And I don't care what you write about, I will still be reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you moved to in Maryland, but if you are in the Silver Spring or Laurel area I know a number of wonderful homeschooling families there. I used to go to St. Bernadette's on University Blvd. and am in the TORCH group from St. Mary of the Mills. If you are closer to Gaithersburg, there is the Montgomery County TORCH group of homeschooling moms which really spans the whole county but is based in Gaithersburg. If you are closer to Bowie/Crofton, I know at least one wonderful family over there who could probably put you in touch with a number of wonderful Catholic families in that area. If you are SE of D.C., I'm afraid I am fairly useless. I'm further north in the vicinity of Columbia. Having just moved in June myself, let me know if I can help at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sorry. I moved to the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia in July. Am trying to find local home-schooling Moms in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm useless regarding West Virginia. We did drive through that area once. Absolutely beautiful, especially in Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there. Boy have I been there. Sophie and Ben were both conceived right at the time of a big move. Positive pregnancy tests before all the boxes were unpacked. And my attempts to try to adjust to our new community wee definitely derailed. For example, I joined a mom's Bible study, went to three meetings and then never returned. No local friends, no structure. Exactly. And with Sophie Dom had been up to that point working from home so I was getting used to him being gone all day and trying to unpack and take care of a toddler while throwing up and wanting to do nothing but sleep all day.

    Which is all to say I understand and I'll be praying for you. I'm sure God has his reasons for throwing us curve balls like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you during this time of change! I loved the 'do not be scandalized by the cross post.' Noticed it's not here anymore. I've been thinking about it tons over the past few days. Thanks for sharing your heart and your faith with us!

    ReplyDelete