Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcome Baby Abigail Clare

Oh my goodness! I'm still totally overwhelmed at all the grace that I received on Wednesday! My c-section was actually a holy, happy experience. Little Abigail Clare is here. Born 9:39 AM Wednesday, March 21. 20 inches long and 8.1 pounds. (Hopefully, my  husband can figure out how to post pictures of her pretty face to this blog soon). She's so funny. She's looks way more like me, than any of my tall, blonde older children. She's a full two pounds smaller than all of our other babies, the doctors were laughing that her parents counted 8 pounds as "small." She's so feisty, right out of the womb. Right away, we knew we had to change her name to match mine. She's totally a chip off the old block!

Her cool trick is to turn herself completely beet red at the slightest annoyance. The first night she earned the affectionate nickname "Chili Pepper". Needless to say, breastfeeding this precious daughter is a little interesting to say the least. So far she looks 100% healthy. They even did a special x-ray session to rule out the birth defect that older sister Tess suffered from last year.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!!!! They really helped. Hope to write more of little Abigail's beautiful birth story when Miss Chili Pepper herself is napping.

22 comments:

JellyBelly said...

Congratulations!!!! Welcome Abigail Clare!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Congratulations! I love the name and the chili pepper description was so cute!!! God Bless your dear family and I can't wait to see pics!!!!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! Love the name!

Sew said...

Love Chili Pepper!

Sounds like H!!! Have fun!!! LOL

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Beautiful name!! Cant wait to hear the whole story!

Anne Bazin said...

Hooray! And welcome Abigail Clare, you've got a great family and a pretty cool mom!

Jen Ambrose said...

Isn't it amazing how the names can change so quickly after the baby comes? Congratulations and welcome to the world Abigail Clare!

Julia said...

Congratlations! I love that she looks like you and you changed her name to Abigail.

My biggest baby was 10 pounds and my smallest was 9 pounds. Its always fun to hear about others with big babies too.

Blair said...

Congratulations! Welcome to baby Abigail Clare! We had one that changed from Peter to Steven, Jr at delivery; really confused everyone :)

Amber said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that you and Abigail Clare are doing well. I hope the nursing gets better soon!! I am looking forward to the pics soon too.

Little JoAnn said...

Oh my goodness, we are overjoyed for you--all...and A's name "upgrade" sounds made to order.

A chip off the old block. LOL!

That is so fun! I am so glad all went well...and, I hope you are feeling stronger and stronger and stronger every.single.minute.

Shout out what we can do for you!!!

You are my hero.

Becky D. said...

So happy to hear all went well! It's amazing how they show their personalities so early or maybe we should pray she settles down a bit?
Congratulations to all and looking forward to pictures.

Liz said...

Ah, perhaps one of those high need babies? She's already figured out she's going to have to be assertive to compete with the rest of the crowd. Good luck, but know that those can turn out to be the nicest sort of kids, and the nicest sort of grownups too (as I'm sure your husband is aware).

Heidi said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name! I can't wait to hear the birth story. :)

Katherine said...

Oh wonderful news!!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday Abigail Clare!!! I can't wait to see pictures. I LOVE the nickname too. Awesome.

antonia said...

congratulations!
glad it went well
God bless xxx

Princess Morag said...

Congratulations. You sound so happy, that is wonderful news :)

Jamie said...

Praise God for beautiful, feisty babies!!!

BlessedBeLord said...

Congratulations! God bless the little one..

Amy said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. Many prayers for a quick recovery!

Melanie B said...

Hooray! Welcome to Baby Abigail Clare! We all got sick on Thursday so I haven't been able to get back here to check on you; but I was sure praying on Wednesday. Prayers for your swift recovery.

Kasclar said...

Congratulations!!