Monday, March 19, 2012

A Special Package

Yeah! A special package came in the mail from a fellow Catholic Smithee today . (I don't need to tell you that this is a rare combination). I got a special fourth class relic from St. Gerard Majella, patron saint of expectant mothers. I put my special handkerchief on my belly and Baby Clare immediately started jumping around! I'm going to take it in to the surgery with me (Jon offered to hold for me) along with my trusty Brown Scapular and plastic rosary beads. I'm super excited that I've got extra grace to heal faster from my c-section. Thanks so much C.H.!

Do any of my regular readers/in real life friends want to be in on the happy telephone calls after Clare's birth? I don't think I'm going to have internet access in the Hospital, which is a bummer. Still, I love going over all the amazing details on the phone with a new baby in my arms. I realized sadly as I was updating my contact list, other than her parents and four siblings, Miss Clare does not really have a very large excited fan club breathlessly awaiting her birth. Which is sort of sad because its even MORE miraculous that a fifth child is coming into the world, rather than a first or second. Oh well.

As her Mama, I'm excited about her birth. Thank you all dear readers much for all of your prayers and best wishes.

15 comments:

Jen Ambrose said...

A phone call or text to me will cost too much :-(

Blair said...

I would love to get a message about her arrival! I know with baby #4 and hubby back to work and several days in the hospital I got a bit lonely last time. So if you would like to share I'd be glad to hear all about her! I'll send an email. Continued prayers...

Becky D. said...

I read your blog regularly but don't comment much. Just wanted to let you know I'll email and if you want to call I'd be happy to hear all the details. Praying for you. Our 4 month old has a checkup Wed AM so I will especially offer up any waiting time for you and the trying to get the kids ready to go out the door I'll offer that too.

Little JoAnn said...

Miss Clare doesn't have a fan club?

I want to be her fan club president!!!

That said, you name it--I am there.

Seriously!

What do we do? How do we reach you?

What hospital will you be in???

Do you want me to buy you some phone cards?

What can I do for you?????

Name it!

Kate said...

OF COURSE I WANT TO HEAR EVERY SINGLE DETAIL YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT!!!!! Consider me an active member of the Baby Clare Official Fan Club as well as the Mama Abby Cheering Section!!!! Please call if you need anything, also, while you're in the hospital. Or after you're home, for that matter. Praying for you, my dear friend and sister in Carmel.

so many things to love... said...

That's so exciting! I thrive on birth stories and lots of details -but calling me would be ridiculously expensive so I'll read it here first! But where can WE send good wishes to you?

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

yes yes! Call me call me!

Melanie B said...

I've been trying to stay off the internet this Lent but knew I just had to check in with you because I knew it was getting close. But I didn't realize how close. I can't believe Baby Clare is coming tomorrow already! Add me to the list of the Baby Clare fan club. I'll be lighting a candle for you tomorrow morning and praying. I know when it's my turn for c-section number five I'll be begging for prayers too.

allyouwhohope said...

I'm in the Baby Clare fan club too!

Hilary said...

I'm in baby Clare's fan club too, and will be praying for you and your family tomorrow!

Kasclar said...

I'm a Smithee Catholic too!! We're definitely a rare breed. LOL!

I'll join the Baby Clare fan club too!!

(I've been a reader of your blog since Baby Tess came into the world, but don't comment much. :) Commenting now!)

Amber said...

I am eagerly awaiting news about baby Clare too! I thought I would also let you know I have been praying many Hail Marys for you and Clare when I am up in the middle of the night with my teething 6 month old. Perhaps that is a little odd, considering we have never met and aren't likely to do so... But I will continue to pray all the same.

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Yay, today is the day right???? Well I'm patiently waiting Abigail! I want to know everything....you heard me everything...

Ginny said...

will send my email. I would love to hear of her entry into this world as a healthy beautiful baby! I read your blog all the time. Cannot wait for Ms. Clare to be here.

Burbank Homestead said...

I'm a fan, I'm excited for a baby pic! BTW, what is a Smithee Catholic? Google is no help...