Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Signs of Growth in a Carmelite Vocation

In a measure of progress, my law school alumni magazine no longer inspires feelings of envy. Instead, I flip to the back and start reading its "In Memorium" section for new prayer requests.

Please join me in praying for the soul of Professor Jane Larson. It's hard when a young professor, who was very well loved when I was a student at the University of Wisconsin, has an obituary that highlights her pro-abortion casework and a popular legal treatist that argued "lies are not an inherit part of the sexual revolution."

Professor Larson, I hope you are in heaven. I'll be nursing my Miss Colic girl in your honor this week in case you need help getting out of Purgatory. That Devil has a nice pack of lies going about the whole "sex is without consequences" thing. He once mucked me up real good too!

Mary Magdalene, pray for us!