Monday, September 20, 2010

More Prayers Please

Baby Tess is doing great! Me, the Mama, not so well.

Tess went from drinking 5 mL of milk to 55-70 mL each feeding. She's stooling up a storm. She's now a totally normal, happy, alert newborn who is getting life-saving drugs through an IV in her leg.

Tess has improved so much that they are moving her out of the NICU and into a less intensive hospital setting for the next nine days. I'm waiting on my insurance company to approve her transfer. She could be moved to one of four different hospitals tonight.

I'm a little tense today waiting for my baby's next assignment and I'm falling into the sin easily. Please pray for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got it!

Ray

Melanie B said...

That's great news about Tess! So glad she's improving so much. Prayers for you. I'm sure now that you can see the end in sight, all the stress you've been damming up so you could function is pouring out. Don't be too hard on yourself. Lean on Mama Mary and St Teresa and St John of the Cross and they will get you through this too.

Sarah said...

Praying.

Kristyn said...

Saying a prayer for you, Abby. I agree with Melanie B, I think you have been carrying an awful lot for the last 2+ weeks and it's bound to come out here and there... trust in Jesus' Mercy.
With prayers,
Kristyn

Susan said...

We are still praying. Please let us know how we can help.
Susan and Maggie (who stopped by the hospital that day)

Julia said...

I'm so glad to read about all the progress that Baby Tess has made. Will say some Aves for you. Hang in there!

Peter and Nancy said...

Praying you hear from your insurance company soon, and that the Holy Spirit comforts you until then.

Hooray for the big poopie! (Only moms get excited about stuff like that, I think!)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

How human we are - the gift becomes the (perceived) burden. And yet, our Father delights in us, and patiently stoops to our need with grace, just as you do with your exhausted toddler.

Have been praying for you and Jon and Tess. Am continuing to pray.