Monday, September 20, 2010

Moving Baby Tess

Baby Tess had another amazing day! I just finished breast feeding her for the first time since her surgery. She's super alert and social. The nurses were shocked that she already knows how to smile.

Tonight is our last night in the NICU. Tomorrow she is getting transfered back to the hospital where she was born. She'll be on a regular pediatric floor. Hopefully, Baby Tess is now on "cruise control." Her only reason to still be in the hospital is for her to finish the antibiotic treatment for her blood infection. She should be ready to come home on September 28th.

The new hospital is much closer to home. They allow siblings to visit anytime. Unlike the NICU, you can watch TV, make telephone calls and eat inside the patients room. A parent is also allowed to spend the night. I'm looking forward to a much easier hospital stay for another week.

Many thanks for your prayers for Tess and me. I had a mericful intervention by Jesus this afternoon which kept me out of trouble.

8 comments:

Alishia said...

I know it's foolish (and selfish) of me to make this remotely about me...but now I'm all worried about my own 4th c-section child which will arrive on 10/6. However, today I was thinking of what an encouragement it is for me to pray. I am usually not prone to worrying about my surgical procedure and don't pray about it much. But there is such a chance for so many unforseens that it is good to give it all to Jesus. I will continue to remember you and Tess.

Abigail said...

I will totally pray for you. If it's any consolation my 4th c-section surgery was a breeze. I was out of the hospital within 48 hours and had zero pain or complications during this insanely busy and stressful NICU stunt. If Tess and I are any example it should be "If God is going to hand you a cross it's NOT going to be the one that the Devil has you stressed out about during your nine months of pregnancy!"

Marcy K. said...

I check in every day to see how you and little Tess are doing. I'm so glad that prayers are being answered and I'll continue to pray for you all. Be kind to yourself and hopefully you can relax and make little Tess lots of milk! God Bless.

Sue said...

I'm a new reader, and have been praying for your family during this time. I'm so glad to read this wonderful news, and will keep praying for a smooth way for the rest of your hospital stay!

Anne Marie said...

Yipee for Tess and her fam. So, um, ya gonna tell us bout how Jesus covered ya this afternoon, cause that sounds kinda mysterious, but interesting.

Liz said...

Yay for Tess. Now her mama can spend some lovely alone time with her and just get to enjoy her instead of being under quite such a heavy burden. Her siblings can visit her, and she's at least closer to home. We'll continue to pray for all of you, though, that God will use all of this for His glory and the advancement of the kingdom.

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Oh, Abigail, I'm so happy! I just caught up on your posts from the last two weeks! God bless you and your lovely children.

Mom2Seven said...

I have been following your posts closely, and Tess has been in our thoughts and prayers! Such good news! God bless +JMJ+